On July 14, 2020, CIFI issued the first offshore green bonds, signifying another milestone in the Group's promotion of green property management and sustainable development. This project issued USD 300 million 5.95% 5.25-year green evaluation, much lower than the fair price in the secondary market by 25 base points. Not only has CIFI received the highest rating of E1 for green bonds by Standard Poor's, we have also been awarded the Green Finance Certification (Post-issuance Stage) by the Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency. Such green bonds have been admitted to the "Sustainable and Green Exchange (STAGE)" by HKSE, making CIFI the only property developer in China to be included in the first batch of enterprises on STAGE.
On May 11, 2021, the CIFI Group (00884.HK) announced its second issuance of green bonds with a total amount of USD 500 million, consisting of USD 350 million 4.45% 5.25-year and USD 150 million 4.8% 7-year green bonds, marking the longest term on record for CIFI’s offshore USD bonds. This time, CIFI again won the high recognition of itative ratings institutions and investors. As a result, this issuance gained a fourfold oversubscription, with peak orders exceeding a ninefold oversubscription. CIFI has successfully issued two batches of green bonds and gained the recognition of the capital market, which demonstrates that the Group is making constant breakthroughs in green finance and improving its ESG level.The issuance also has received the highest rating of E1 for green bonds by Standard Poor's.
In July 2021, the Group was granted the first green syndicated loan with an initial amount of nearly HK$2.8 billion and awarded the "Green Finance Pre-issuance Stage" certificate by the Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency. The loan was also selected by the Asset as the "Best Green Syndicated Loan" under the real estate sub-category at the Sustainable Capital Markets Awards 2021.
In addition, the Group has also received several honors and awards:
• In 2021, the Group remained in Hang Seng Corporate Sustainability Benchmark Index, and was included as an index constituent of the Hang Seng ESG 50 Index for the first time.
• In 2021, the Group's MSCI ESG Rating upgraded to BBB. Meanwhile, CIFI Ever Sunshine's MSCI ESG Rating upgraded to A.
• In 2021, the Group received three-star rating in the GRESB (Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark) assessment for our first time participation.
• 2019 - 2021, the Group received Titanium Award of The Asset ESG Corporate Awards.
• 2017 - 2021, the Group was awarded by Institutional Investor as The Best All-Asia Executive Team, Asia Honored Companies, Best IR Team, Best ESG.